If your child has a DreamBox Learning account through their school, you will be able to set up parent access to a Family Dashboard that allows you to monitor your child's progress.
HOW TO SET UP PARENT ACCESS
To set up parent access, your child must first log in to their school account on a desktop or laptop computer.
1) Open an internet browser on your computer. DreamBox can be used on any internet browser that has the latest version of Adobe Flash Player, but we recommend Google Chrome because it automatically includes Adobe Flash.
2) In the website address bar, enter your school's unique login website address. You may have received an invitation letter from your student's teacher with this website address. If you do not know the address, please contact the teacher or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to let us know your student's school district and school name if you email us.
3) The student will log in to their account the same way they do at school. The login method can vary depending on the school. For detailed login instructions, please click HERE.
Note: If your student does not know their username and password, please contact their teacher for that information. DreamBox will never share student information.
4) With the student logged in, click the Set up parent access link in the bottom-right corner of the screen. The Parent Account Setup page will open.
Note: If there is no Set up parent access link, please see below.
5) Enter the email address and password you would like to use to access your Family Dashboard, then click Submit to create your account. If you have previously set up a parent account, click I am a current customer and enter the email address and password on your account.
6) With the account created and your student linked, you can choose to let your child return to the play environment, link another student from the same school, or access your Family Dashboard.
Note: It can take up to 24 hours for the student's data to appear in your Family Dashboard. If you receive an error, please try again the following day and contact us at email@example.com if the error continues.
You can repeat these steps for any other students you wish to link to your Family Dashboard.
If you are using an iPad, you will not be able to set up parent access. The link will only appear when your student logs in on a computer.
If you do not see the Set up parent access link on a computer, the student may have already been linked to a parent account. Please confirm that you have not already set up parent access and that the student has not been linked to another family member's account. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you continue to have difficulty.
MY STUDENT'S NAME IS ALREADY BEING USED ON MY ACCOUNT
1) Log in to your Family Dashboard and open Account Settings from the top-right drop-down menu.
2) Select Student Information.
3) Locate the student's name you need to change and click Edit Student Information.
4) Edit the student's first name. We suggest adding "old" or "trial" to the beginning of the student's name.
5) Click Save to keep the new name.
6) You will now be able to add the student's school account to your Family Dashboard. Repeat the steps to set up parent access and be sure to select I am a current customer.
HOW TO LOG IN TO YOUR FAMILY DASHBOARD
After setting up parent access, you can log in to your Family Dashboard using the email address and password you entered.
1) Visit https://play.dreambox.com/play/login.
2) Enter your email address and password. If you have forgotten your password, click Parent under "Forgot your password?" and enter your email address when prompted. You will receive an email with instructions to reset your password.
3) Click Log In to log in to your Family Dashboard.
For information on how to use the Family Dashboard, click HERE.